Disclosure: This article may contain affiliate links, meaning we may earn a small commission if readers purchase products through these links. As an Amazon Associate, we earn commission from qualifying purchases.
I’ve been banking with Tangerine since before it was called Tangerine. Overall I’ve been very happy with Tangerine Bank and have noticed only a couple of drawbacks over the years. Let’s look at my findings as a customer in this tangerine bank review.
If you’re already ready to try it, here’s my Tangerine Orange Key: 40507581S1
Benefits of Tangerine Bank
Here are my favourite things about Tangerine Bank:
- It’s all online. No parking, waiting, talking to a human, et cetera…
- The app is good. I can do most of my banking from my phone.
- The website and app interface don’t look like they’re from the early 2000’s.
- It’s easy to find your statements at tax time.
- Once you’ve signed your signature once, you don’t have to send in additional signatures. I’ve added various products to my account online without having to physically sign any new documents.
- The Cash-Back Mastercard has no annual fee.
- The investment advisors on the phone seem thorough.
- It’s easy to buy index funds without incurring crazy high fees.
- They offer special interest rates on new savings deposits fairly regularly.
- The interface offers easy ways to set and save for goals, as well as set-and-forget automated transfers to savings.
Drawbacks of Tangerine Bank
Here are some things about Tangerine Bank that irritate me:
- Tangerine doesn’t do wire transfers. Not a big deal, but it can be irritating if you do wire transfers. I had to use TD Bank instead after searching online for the SWIFT code to no avail.
- There is no automatic way to align Tangerine Mastercard cash back categories with spending. It should be easier and less restrictive to optimize them. But I suppose that would cost them in the end.
- You can’t deposit US cheques into your US dollar account. Huh?
Tangerine Orange Key
Here is my tangerine orange key. Use the orange key during registration as a tangerine referral code:
My Tangerine Orange Key: 40507581S1
When do kids start preschool? This is a question that many parents ask as their child gets closer to the age of 3. The answer to this big decision, however, depends on a variety of factors. In...
When it comes time to choosing a preschool for your child, there are many questions that you will want to ask the teachers. After all, this is an important decision that will affect your child's...