I’ve been banking with Tangerine since before it was called Tangerine. Overall, I’ve been very happy with Tangerine Bank and have noticed only a couple of drawbacks over the years. Let’s look at my findings as a customer in this tangerine bank review.
If you’re already ready to try it, here’s my Tangerine Orange Key: 40507581S1
Benefits of Tangerine bank
Here are my favorite things about Tangerine Bank:
- It’s all online. No parking, waiting, talking to a human, et cetera…
- The app is good. I can do most of my banking from my phone.
- The website and app interface don’t look like they’re from the early 2000’s.
- It’s easy to find your statements at tax time.
- Once you’ve signed your signature once, you don’t have to send in additional signatures. I’ve added various products to my account online without having to physically sign any new documents.
- The Cash-Back Tangerine World Mastercard has no annual fee.
- The investment advisors on the phone seem thorough.
- It’s easy to buy index funds without incurring crazy high fees.
- They offer special interest rates on new savings deposits fairly regularly.
- The interface offers easy ways to set and save for goals, as well as set-and-forget automated transfers to savings.
Drawbacks of Tangerine Bank
Here are some things about Tangerine Bank that irritate me:
- Tangerine doesn’t do wire transfers. Not a big deal, but it can be irritating if you do wire transfers. I had to use TD Bank instead after searching online for the SWIFT code to no avail.
- There is no automatic way to align Tangerine Mastercard cash back categories with spending. It should be easier and less restrictive to optimize them. But I suppose that would cost them in the end.
- You can’t deposit US cheques into your US dollar account. Huh?
Tangerine Orange Key
Here is my tangerine orange key. Use the orange key during registration as a tangerine referral code:
My Tangerine Orange Key: 40507581S1