DUFORD DIGITAL INC.
Last Update: February 28, 2022
The Website is journalistic in nature and provided for entertainment and educational purposes only, specifically for the personal, non-commercial use of its users.
“Personal Information” may include, but is not limited to, a person’s name and email address.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
We collect Personal Information in order to provide users with the Content. To take advantage of some of the features of the Website you may have to provide us with your Personal Information. We need to collect, use and disclose your Personal Information when you sign up to receive email newsletters featuring the Content.
We also collect some Personal Information from you automatically, which is addressed in more detail below. We will not use or disclose your Personal Information for any new purpose without first identifying the new purpose and providing notice to or obtaining your consent (as applicable), unless permitted by law.
You can always choose not to provide us with certain of the Personal Information we request, such as your email address, however you may not be able to access or utilize all or part of the Website or Content.
Personal Information You Provide
- Contact information: we collect your Personal Information when you sign up to receive email newsletters featuring the Content, and if you contact us directly to inquire about the Website or the Content. This may include your first and last name and email address, and other information that you choose to provide to us.
- Social Media Sites: if you choose to visit one of our social media accounts to access the Content, such as Facebook, YouTube, Pinterest, Twitter, and Instagram, we may collect information from your profile on such third-party social networks, such as your name, username, photograph, gender and date of birth.
- Other information: we may collect any of the information or content that you provide through our Website voluntarily. For example, when you e-mail us for information about us and our Content. We collect the Personal Information to provide you with the information or service that you have requested.
Personal Information Automatically Collected When Using the Website
Duford collects device, technical and usage information about you via the Website, including your Internet Protocol (IP) address, web browser, device and mobile operating system, information about the sections of the Website that you visit, the date and time of your use of the Website and the Content, your actions within the Website, the URLs of the website(s) you visited before and after using the Website and any content that you download from the Website.
We use device, technical and usage information to understand traffic and activity on the Website, to enable us to improve the Website and the Content and to tailor our marketing. This information is used for aggregate reporting purposes. None of this data is used by Duford or our Service Providers to identify you.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will only use your Personal Information to fulfill the purpose for which it was originally collected, or for a use consistent with that purpose, unless you expressly consent otherwise or it is permitted or required by law.
We may use the Personal Information that we collect for the following purposes:
(a) to provide a user with access to the Website and the Content;
(b) to provide a user with the Content email newsletter;
(c) to respond to inquiries about Duford and the Website made through the Website;
(e) to conduct marketing, including promotional activities; and
(f) to meet legal and regulatory requirements.
If you provide us with your email address and opt in to receiving email newsletters from us via the email address provided, you may receive email newsletters from us from time to time. In the event that you desire to opt out of email newsletters, you can do so by using the unsubscribe feature located in such newsletter. You can also opt-out of receiving further electronic communications from us by contacting our Privacy Officer via the email address below.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Except as described in this Policy or in other situations where Duford has otherwise provided you with prior notice and, to the extent required by applicable law, obtained your consent, we will not share your Personal Information with third parties.
Third Party Service Providers
We partner with third party service providers, such as third party advertisers, affiliate marketing companies, and content marketing companies, to promote our Website (“Service Providers”). We will not transfer Personal Information to third parties, except to our Service Providers who have agreed to comply with legally required privacy standards and who will use the information only for the purposes disclosed at the time of collection or for a use consistent with that purpose.
Currently, we use the following third party service providers:
- Advertising, content marketing and production services: we use third party advertisers and content marketing companies, Harrelson Media (USA), Content Warrior (USA), Tailwind (USA), and AdThrive/CaféMedia (USA) to produce articles and advertise content.
- Affiliate marketing: we use third party affiliate marketing companies, such as Amazon and rewardStyle, to suggest purchases of third party products, especially products that pay a commission back to our Website for the referral. For example, the Website may suggest you purchase a gardening book or gardening supplies. We also have direct affiliate marketing relationships with certain companies, such as Herbal Academy and Richter’s Herbs. Please see our Affiliate Disclosure.
- Electronic communications: we use third party email service provider FloDesk (USA) to send electronic communications to users. FloDesk (USA) may save a history of whether you open emails, whether you access the link(s) provided in emails, and if you do, when you opened emails or accessed the link(s) provided.
- Technical Support: we use iMark Interactive (USA) for WordPress technical support services.
- Website hosting: we use a third party website hosting company, BigScoots, to host our websites, https://www.homefortheharvest.com/, https://www.mamasmusthaves.com/, and https://www.kidsclassicalmusic.com/, and SendOwl to administer our Digital PDF to users.
Our Content offers social sharing features such as “Share” or “Like” on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. If you decide to use such features, it may allow the sharing and collection of information (including Personal Information) both to and from such third-party social networks. You are responsible for visiting and reviewing the policies of such third parties to obtain information about and understand their information collection practices.
In the event we go through a business transaction such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or a sale of all or a portion of our assets, your Personal Information may be among the assets transferred and any such acquirer of us or our assets may continue to collect, use and disclose your Personal Information as set forth in this Policy.
Where Required or Authorized by Law
We may also disclose your Personal Information where authorized or required by law. For example, we may disclose your Personal Information to comply with a subpoena, in response to a law enforcement body with the lawful authority to obtain the information, pursuant to an investigation into the breach of a law, or to our legal counsel.
SECURITY & PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Duford takes reasonable steps to protect Personal Information. We use security arrangements to protect against unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, and disposal, in a manner appropriate to the sensitivity of the information. We limit access to all Personal Information to Duford personnel who have a need for such access in order to deliver the Content and to authorized third parties, including Service Providers.
We will use care when destroying or disposing of Personal Information to prevent unauthorized access, use or disclosure of any Personal Information. Duford’s employees, contractors, representatives, agents, and authorized third parties with access to Personal Information are required to respect the confidentiality of such information.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may keep Personal Information obtained through the Website for so long as is necessary or appropriate to carry out the purpose(s) for which such information was collected or for such longer period as may be required or permitted by applicable laws and regulations. However, once you unsubscribe from the email newsletters, we will delete any Personal Information immediately or after such period as may be required for retention by applicable laws.
QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS
|Company:||Duford Digital Inc.|
|Attention:||Mary Jane Duford|
|Address:||116 – 5100 Anderson Way, #424 Vernon, BC V1T 0C4 Canada|
|Email:||maryjane @ mamasmusthaves.com|
CHANGES TO THE POLICY
We may update this Policy from time to time by posting a new version of the Policy on the Website. Our collection, use, disclosure, and retention of your Personal Information will be governed by the version of the Policy in effect at that time. We suggest that you review this statement periodically.