Disclosure: This article may contain affiliate links, meaning we may earn a small commission if readers purchase products through these links. As an Amazon Associate, we earn commission from qualifying purchases.
Something about the colder weather makes me crave baked goods. I’ve been making these gluten-free peanut butter banana chocolate chip muffins since I lived in Alberta. They made an easy, portable breakfast for busy mornings at the office downtown. Now they are a healthier breakfast option for me when I’m contemplating the display of sugary baked goods at my favourite bakeries!
Vitamix GF Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
I don’t bake often, but these Blender Peanut Butter Banana Choco Chip Muffins are one of the few things I do make now and then. There’s no refined sugar in the batter which makes me feel better about choosing them as part of my breakfast. There’s also no flour of any type in this recipe.
These pb banana muffins are basically just an easy way to get some eggs, peanut butter, and banana in the morning. There’s no filler ingredients to bulk them up…just breakfast-friendly delicious-ness. Yum!
Special Baking Gear – Blender & Cast Iron Muffin Pan
This recipe uses a blender to mix everything up. A mixer would also work if the bananas are very ripe. You just toss in the batter ingredients, mix them up, add the chocolate chips, and spoon out the batter. These gluten-free peanut butter banana muffins are simple, perfectly sweet, and deliciously satisfying.
Although not totally necessary, I am completely in love with the cast-iron muffin pan I found at a garage sale when I lived up north. Although I haven’t been able to find another one quite the same, cast-iron maker Lodge offers a similar one.
Ingredients for Blender Peanut Butter Banana Vitamix Muffins
- 4 Ripe Bananas
- 5 Eggs
- 2 Cups Peanut Butter or Nut Butter
- 1/3 Cup Honey, Agave, or Maple Syrup
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla
- 1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips (optional, replace with nuts or berries if you’re strictly no-sugar)
Steps: Blender Peanut Butter Banana Muffins
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a muffin tin with butter or oil and set aside. Use either a mini or small muffin tin (this flourless batter cooks better in small amounts).
- Place the first 6 ingredients in a powerful blender (everything but the chocolate chips). Blend at a low speed until smooth. You may have to pause the blender periodically to scrape down the sides of the blender due to the thick texture of the batter.
- After blending, mix the chocolate chips into the batter with a spoon.
- Fill each cup of the muffin tin 3/4 full of batter.
- Place a few extra chocolate chips on top of each muffin if you like.
- Bake until the muffins are cooked through, about 15 minutes for mini muffins or 25 minutes for small muffins. Note that these estimated cooking times are based on my old oven and my funny antique cast iron muffin tin. Be sure to keep an eye on your muffins as they cook and test with a toothpick to ensure the batter is cooked. Every kitchen is different!
This recipe for gluten free peanut butter banana chocolate chip muffins makes about 2 dozen small muffins or 3 dozen mini-muffins. These muffins can be frozen for later or saved for a quick snack throughout the week. They’ll keep fresh for 5 days in an airtight container. Enjoy!