A well-selected quote on the wall is a beautiful addition to a baby’s room. Many moms start planning for the perfect nursery well before the birth of their baby. This is also a great time to think about including a heartfelt decor quote to make the space as welcoming as possible.
What are good quotes for a baby’s room? Quotes or wall art that add beauty and comfort to your baby’s nursery are generally focused around:
- Putting your little one to sleep
- The joy of a baby
- Specific for a baby boy or baby girl
- Quotes from nursery rhymes
- Quotes from famous authors
- Lyrics from popular songs
Quotes for baby rooms add beauty and restfulness by contributing a meaning that surrounds the atmosphere of your baby’s nursery. It makes you feel good to know that the quotes represent loving thoughts and good spirits to keep your little one safe, smiling, and in peaceful sleep.
Quotes about putting your little one to sleep
Quotes about sleep are a wonderful idea for a baby’s room. They help to set the scene for a peaceful rest and make it calm and relaxing for the parents who are getting up in the middle of the night.
These quotes may come from nursery rhymes, fairy tales, your favorite book or movie, a song, or even something you write yourself, inspired by your beautiful little one.
Maybe you’ll decide to put up keywords about sleep in your baby’s room. Some ideas for sleep-related words or phrases are included below, along with an idea for a quote to express those ideas:
- Sweet dreams: – “Sweet dreams, my love, I hope you will be able to sleep tight this very night.” – Maria Bastida
- Sleep tight: “Goodnight, sleep tight. Rest your head ‘til morning light.” – Anonymous
- Goodnight: “Lullaby and goodnight. With pink roses bedight. With lilies overspread. Is my baby’s sweet head.” – Common lullaby
- Fast asleep: “A mother’s arms are made of tenderness and children sleep soundly in them.” – Victor Hugo
- Precious sleep: “Oh, sleep! it is a gentle thing, Beloved from pole to pole.” – Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- Angels: “May angels guard you through the night and keep you safe ‘till morning light.” – Author Unknown
- A dream: “A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities” – J.R.R. Tolkien
Quotes about the joy of a baby
Your bundle of joy deserves a nursery wall that best describes what he or she means to you. Nothing could be more attractive than having your baby’s room set with a couple of quotes describing the joy they bring.
Here are some quotes for a baby nursery that are sure to add color, brightness, and joy:
- Precious Little One: “Let me love you a little more before you’re not little anymore.” – Author Unknown
- Baby’s Happy Home: “A baby makes love stronger, the days shorter, the nights longer, and a home happier.” – Author Unknown
- Flowers and Angels: “A baby is as pure as an angel and as fresh as a blooming flower.” – Debasish Mridha
- Love: “You are loved to the moon and back.” – Anonymous
- Baby Smiles: “It is a smile of a baby that makes life worth living.” – Debasish Mridha MD
- Wonderful life: “I hope you don’t mind that I put down in words, how wonderful life is now that you’re in the world” – Elton John
Quotes for your baby girl or boy
You may choose to include quotes specific to having a son or daughter.
Quotes for a daughter
Some inspiring quotes that express your love and hopes for daughter can be:
- Best Daughter: “A daughter is one of the best gifts this world has to give.” —Laurel Atherton
- Courageous Little Girl: “Courage, sacrifice, determination, commitment, toughness, heart, talent, guts. That’s what little girls are made of.” —Bethany Hamilton
- Perpetual Wonder: “A tiny daughter gives parents a life in a climate of perpetual wonder.” —Pierre Doucet
- She is Fierce: “Though she be but little, she is fierce.” – Shakespeare
- Dreams: “There is no dream too big for our little girl.” – Anonymous
- Classic: “Sugar and spice, and everything nice; That’s what little girls are made of.” – Nursery rhyme
Quotes for a son
You can choose a message from a storybook that implies the love and affection for this new bundle of joy, your son.
- Little Boy Love: “And she loved a little boy very, very much, even more than she loved herself” —Shel Silverstein, The Giving Tree
- The Hero Dad: “A baby boy has a special way of bringing out the man in his father and the little boy in his grandfather.” —Tanya Masse
- My Son, My Monument: “If I have a monument in this world, it is my son.” —Maya Angelou
- The Baby Who Grows by The Day: “Little boys should never be sent to bed. They always wake up a day older.” —J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan
- The Man You are to Become: “You are loved for the boy you are, the man you will become, and the son you will always be.” – Anonymous
- Classic: “Snips and snails, and puppy dogs’ tails; That’s what little boys are made of.” – Nursery rhyme
Nursery wall quotes about adventure
Do you want to inspire a love of the outdoors in your little one? Their nursery walls are a great place to start! Here are some quotes about adventure.
- Winnie the Pooh nursery quotes: “As soon as I saw you, I knew a grand adventure was about to happen.”
- Nature: “From tiny seeds, grow mighty trees.” – Author Unkown
- Wild: ““Inside all of us is hope. Inside all of us is fear. Inside all of us is adventure. Inside all of us is a wild thing.” Maurice Sendak , Where the Wild Things Are
Parent-baby quotes for baby’s room
Nothing more precious than the relationship between parent and child. You are your baby’s first connection, and the bond you share can never be completely expressed in words. You may find the best quotes to flower your baby’s room with affection in the air that your baby would feel, even if you are away at work.
- A Parent’s Magical Day: – “The most magical day of our life was the day we became your parents.” – Author Unknown
- A Parent’s Greatest Opportunity: – “There are many things in life that I have taken for granted but being your parent will never be one of them.” – Anonymous
- A Good Mom: “There’s no way to be a perfect parent and a million ways to be a good one.” – Jill Churchill
- A Baby’s Love: “You make love stronger and the future worth living for.” – Anonymous
- Mom’s Heart Speaks: “For all the things my hands have held the best by far is you.” – Anonymous
Baby quotes from nursery rhymes
Quotes for baby rooms often come from classic nursery rhymes. Quotes from rhymes can recreate the beloved tales of your own childhood. And can keep the tradition alive with your child. Here are some quotes for baby rooms that come from classic nursery rhymes:
- Danced by the Light of the Moon: “And hand in hand, on the edge of the sand, They danced by the light of the moon.” – Edward Lear, The Owl, and Pussycat
- Rockabye Baby: “Rock-a-bye Baby, in the treetop. When the wind blows, the cradle will rock. When the bough breaks, the cradle will fall. And Mama will catch you, cradle and all!”
- Rowing Boat: “Row, row, row your boat, gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, life is but a dream.”
- Twinkling Star: “Twinkle, twinkle little star. How I Wonder what you are. Up above the world so high. Like a Diamond in the Sky.”
- Little Boy Blue: “Little Boy Blue, come blow your Horn. The sheep’s in the Meadow, the cow in the corn. Where’s the little boy, who looks after the sheep? He’s under the haystack, fast asleep.”
Quotes from famous authors
Book lovers may choose to decorate baby’s room with quotes by famous poets and authors. You would dream of your growing baby to capture the literary essence of their surroundings from their early days. Choose a quote straight from the book or alter it just a bit to fit your nursery.
- Imagination: “No child should be permitted to grow up without exercise for imagination. It enriches life for him. It makes things wonderful and beautiful.” – Mark Twain
- Childhood: “Everything is ceremony in the wild garden of childhood.” – Pablo Neruda
- Growing up: “Never grow up. Always down.” – Roald Dahl
- Strength: “I am a Child. Phenomenally. Phenomenal Child, that’s me.” – adapted from Phenomenal Woman, poem (1978)- Maya Angelou
Quotes for a Baby’s Room
These quotes are perfect for a baby room or newborn nursery. Which one(s) will you choose!?
If you enjoyed these ideas, you may want to read some of these articles, too! Here are other posts on home decorating that you may like: