Looking for a classic baby shower theme? A Winnie the Pooh baby shower might be the perfect pick!
Winnie the Pooh is a beautiful theme for a baby shower. Try decorations inspired by the hundred-acre wood in gender-neutral yellow or with hints of pink and blue. Popular decorations include ballons from the famous vintage rain cloud balloon illustration, as well as honey pots, beehives, carrots, and buzzing honeybees. There are also plenty of adorable quotes for invitations, backdrops, and letterboards.
Keep reading for specific tips about Winnie the Pooh invitations, decorations, centerpieces, cakes/cookies/cupcakes, and other yummy shower food and ideas.
Winnie The Pooh baby shower
Winnie the Pooh baby showers are becoming more popular as the theme is very cute and provides lots of ideas for a themed event. Most showers are themed either in the classic English illustrated vintage version or alternatively, in the brighter Disney animated version. It’s easiest to choose at the beginning which of these versions of Winnie the Pooh to emulate with invitations and decor as the overall aesthetic can be quite different.
Winnie The Pooh baby shower invitations
Fortunately, there are quite a few options for adorable Winnie the Pooh baby shower invitations. Some feature the hand-drawn Pooh with Piglet, a honey pot, or the famous blue balloon (sometimes shaded pink for girl baby showers). They are all irresistibly cute!
Here are some nice options for Winnie the Pooh baby shower invitations:
- Classic Winnie The Pooh & Friends Baby Shower Invitation, by Jenna @ BestCelebrations
- Winnie The Pooh Rain Cloud Balloon Baby Shower Invitation, by Loreta @ SpikesDigitals
- Winnie The Pooh w/Pink Balloon Baby Shower Invite, by Julia @ DIYPaperBoutique
- “Oh Boy” Winnie The Pooh w/Blue Balloon Baby Shower Invitation by Jenna @ BestCelebrations
- “We Can Bearly Wait” Pooh Baby Shower Invitations by Taylor&Fox
Here are some cute baby shower quotes from Winnie The Pooh for handmade invitations (or decor letterboards):
- “Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart.”
- “You’re the best part of my tomorrow.”
- “Lucky me, you’re my very best friend.”
- “My sweetest adventures always include you.”
- “The adventure begins…”
- “Nobody can be uncheered with a balloon.”
- “Sometimes its better to put love into hugs than to put it into words.”
- “There’s a rumbly in my tumbly for something sweet.”
Winnie The Pooh baby shower food ideas
There are lots of different options for food at a Winnie the Pooh baby shower. Anything with honey is a great idea, as is anything with edible wildflowers. You can also work in Rabbit’s garden with fresh baby vegetables and dips.
Winnie The Pooh baby shower cake
A Winnie the Pooh baby shower cake is a gorgeous option that can double as a centerpiece on the food buffet table. The cake can be anything from a plain white or yellow cake with a few buzzing bees to a full-on fondant art piece with 3D characters. You can also just buy a cake topper to put on top of any cake to make it festive.
Cupcakes are a perfect pick for a baby shower as they are already individually packaged. With no cake to cut, there’s less work cutting a cake, fewer dishes, and the table stays prettier for longer. You can decorate a cupcake stand and put plain cupcakes on it or add cupcake toppers to store-bought cupcakes.
Decorated cookies are taking over social media lately and there’s no reason not to include them in your baby shower. Winnie-the-Pooh-themed cookies include bumblebees, beehives, balloons, and of course, all the characters.
English tea party food
Set up a Christopher Robin tea party area for a theme-friendly food buffet. Savory food options include fresh garden vegetables, mini quiches, tea sandwiches, fresh berries, cheeses, and crackers. You’ll also want to include classic teacups and a nice teapot for that cozy English vibe.
Winnie The Pooh baby shower decorations
There are some extremely cute options for Winnie the Pooh baby shower decorations. Whether you’re looking for a garland, banner, centerpiece, or balloons, here are some ideas for baby shower decor.
Winnie The Pooh books
Winnie the Pooh books are a must-have themed shower decoration. Stack books or prop them up around the party space. Some books are bright and cheery while the older ones have beautiful traditional covers and binding. Disney has some adorable board books, and then of course there are the classic A.A. Milne books (Winnie-The-Pooh, The House At Pooh Corner, When We Were Very Young, Now We Are Six). Here are some options:
- Pooh’s Library Book Set
- Winnie-the-Pooh: Classic Gift Edition
- Winnie-the-Pooh Complete 30 Book Set with Slipcase
- The Complete Tales and Poems of Winnie-the-Pooh
- Winnie the Pooh Pooh’s Secret Garden (Disney’s Winnie the Pooh)
Winnie The Pooh garlands
A garland is nice to have either on the front of a table (gift table, food table) or on the wall behind a central gathering area. You can purchase a banner or make your own with one of the Winnie the Pooh baby shower quotes above.
- Illustrated Winnie the Pooh Figure Banner by LittleGoodie2Shoes
- “Oh Boy” Flag Bunting Garland by Loretta @SpikesDigitals
- Winnie The Pooh Baby Shower DIY Balloon Garland Kit by Shelly @ PartyBarCo
- Winnie The Pooh Quotes on Triangle Bunting by Julia @ CushnCraft
- “Welcome Baby” Pooh Banner by TheQuoteQueen
- Classic Pooh Pastel Pink and Yellow Baby Shower Balloon Garland Kit
- DIY Burlap Flag Bunting Garland (for quote)
Winnie The Pooh cutouts
Cutouts can be a nice option for a bigger space. They work particularly well outdoors or in banquet rooms. Some cutouts sit on the floor while others attach to balloons or go on the wall.
- Winnie the Pooh Character Foam Board Cutout by SymbolizeStore
- Winnie the Pooh with Honey Pot Cutout by VerveLine
- Winnie the Pooh Illustrated Characters Hanging Balloon Cutouts by SpikesDigitals
Winnie The Pooh baby shower backdrops
Baby shower backdrops for photos or for the cake table are another popular option. Some are fabric backdrops while others are just images sold online as digital files that you can get printed yourself locally. Here are some backdrops:
- Winnie the Pooh Quote and Drawing Backdrop by TheBookTales
- 100 Acre Wood Map Backdrop by TheBookTales
- Vinyl Classic Winnie Bear Baby Shower Backdrop
- Winnie The Pooh Wall Decals
Winnie the Pooh baby shower centerpieces can be anything from a stack of the classic books to some flower in a vase or a character or honey pot cutout. Here are some ideas:
- Birch Woodland Logs topped with tea lights
- Porcelain Honey Pot filled with fresh wildflowers or English tea roses
- French Porcelain Tiered Stand with themed cupcakes
- Winnie the Pooh Snow Globe
- Wooden 100-Acre Wood Sign (handmade)
- Decorative English Watering Can filled with flowers & fresh carrots
Winnie The Pooh baby shower favors
My baby shower featured the most adorable shower favors – tiny honey pots with mini wooden honey dippers. I honestly cannot think of anything cuter!
Winnie The Pooh baby shower games
While baby shower games are becoming less and less popular, there are still lots of ways to add activities to the event. Whether it’s a diaper raffle or just pin-the-tail-on-Eeyore, there are definitely some cute options. My vote goes to these Winnie the Pooh Baby Shower Games Set that includes games like baby bingo, predictions, first-year bucket list, how big is her belly, baby pictionary, and find the pacifier hunt.
Photos by Grace Davis: @gracesedits_
Choosing to host your baby shower online instead? Here are some ideas about how to host a virtual baby shower!
Alternatives to a baby shower
Clearly this Winnie the Pooh baby shower theme was perfect for us this year. But, it’s not the only way to welcome a new baby into the world! You could also do a Sip and See Party (my daughter’s was floral-themed). Or, for the guys, you could do a Diaper Party!