This pinecone kids ornament is a fun activity for arts and crafts time. Just glue some pom poms onto a pinecone with tacky glue. Easy, peasy, and fun!
Supplies for Pom Pom Pinecone Kids Ornament
Here are the supplies you’ll need to make this cheery pinecone ornament:
- Pinecones (or any other conifer cone you like)
- Note: larger cones will take more time and more pom poms
- Pom poms
- Non-toxic glue (tacky glue is best, school glue also works)
- String or ribbon
Gather your supplies before starting this project. Capable children may enjoy collecting their own pinecones from their playground. We used some pinecones that we painted silver a few years ago. Finally they had a purpose!
Ensure you read and follow the instructions and age-rating on your materials and equipment. This is a full supervision activity. Adults can pre-cut the lengths of string or ribbon to use as a hanging loop on top of each pinecone (about 8″ is lots).
How to Make Pom Pom Pinecone Ornaments
Here are the instructions for the pom pom pinecone ornament kids Christmas craft:
- Create a dipping spot for the glue. This craft is easiest if the pom poms can be individually dipped in glue and then stuck right on the cone.
- Glue pom poms onto the end of each tip of the pinecone. The little pokey-bits of pinecones are called “scales”. Glue a pompom onto the lip of each scale on the pinecone. This pinecone kids ornament will still look festive even if only half the scales have pom poms glued to them.
- Glue a loop of string or ribbon onto the bottom of the pinecone.
- Let dry.
That’s how to make these pom pom pinecone kids ornaments! This is a great activity for arts & crafts time during the Christmas season.