Yay for DIY alphabet ornaments! These alphabet block ornaments are the perfect mix of cheer and nostalgia. I love letter ornament on the tree and this is the perfect (easy) way to make your own DIY letter decorations 🙂
Supplies for Making DIY Alphabet Block Ornaments
Here are the supplies you’ll need to make these easy alphabet block ornaments:
- Wooden alphabet blocks
- Drill or drill press
- Floral wire (or screw-eyes & string)
Gather your supplies together before starting. If you’d prefer string or ribbon loops to hang the ornament, consider using screw eyes (eye-hook screws) instead of just drilling a hole through the block. The you can use whatever fun string or ribbon you like.
How to Make Alphabet Block Ornaments
Here are the instructions for making alphabet ornaments for your Christmas tree:
- Use the pencil to mark a small X or dot on each block in the location where the hole will go.
- Drill out a hole in each block. This hole should go through the entire block if you’re using floral wire for a hangar. If using a screw-eye, just drill out enough wood to fit the screw threads into the block.
- If using floral wire, thread both ends of a piece of wire through the hole one the top side. Bend them over to create an anchor on the other side (see photos below).
- If using a screw-eye, thread an eye-head screw into each block where the cored hole is. Tie a piece of pretty string or ribbon through the eye.
- Hang up your new alphabet block ornaments!
That’s how we made our alphabet block ornaments. We love them! They’re cheery and add some fun to the Christmas tree.