These Piñata Christmas Tree Ornaments are a great craft for a toddler or preschooler up to early grade school.
This craft involves making a basic triangular form for the pinata, filling it with candy (optional), and then decorating with crepe paper streamers and pom poms. Here’s what you’ll need for this kids ornament craft:
Supplies for Piñata Christmas Tree Ornaments
Here are the supplies you’ll need to gather for the Piñata Christmas Tree Ornaments:
- Empty Cardboard Box
- Green Crepe Paper Streamers
- Pom Poms
Gather all your supplies together before starting this craft project!
How to Make Piñata Christmas Tree Ornaments
Here is how to make Piñata Christmas Tree Ornaments.
- Draw out basic tree triangles on the cardboard. The sides of the triangle will need an extra 1/2 inch or centimetre to make a tab for the sides.
- Cut out the triangles, being sure to cut outside the tabs (don’t cut off the perimeter tabs).
- Fold the tabs over to create the sides.
- Tape the pieces of cardboard together to make the empty pinata form. Imagine you’re making a triangular Smartie box.
- Cut a few strips of green crepe paper of the streamer roll.
- Cut little slots into the side of the crepe paper to create a fringe.
- Tape or glue the crepe paper onto the cardboard form, starting at the bottom of the tree triangle.
- Decorate the tree ornament with pom poms.
- Add a ribbon loop to hang the ornament on the tree!
That’s how to make a Piñata Christmas Tree Ornament! Here are photos to help you follow along with the steps:
Hang Up Your New Piñata Christmas Tree Ornaments!
Here is a Piñata Christmas tree ornament up on the holiday tree:
Yay for piñata Christmas tree ornaments!