This snowman craft for preschool kids is a fun way to upcycle a led tea light into a silly snow-person ornament. This craft has everything fun …pom poms, googly eyes, and an on-off switch. AND its not too much of a mess to clean up (most of the time).
Supplies for Preschool Snowman Craft Project
Here are the supplies you’ll need for this preschool snowman craft project:
- LED tea lights
- Googly eyes
- Pom poms
- Pipe cleaners
- Non-toxic glue
Gather all your supplies before starting the project. Be sure to read and follow the instructions on the materials you select. Children should be fully supervised for the duration of this project.
Instructions: Snowman Craft for Preschool Kids
Here are the instructions for making this snowman craft with preschoolers:
- Glue googly eyes onto the front of the tea light. Younger children may need assistance with applying the glue. Follow instructions.
- Have an adult cut a 2″ long piece of pipe cleaner. This step can be done before starting the project with the children.
- Bend the short piece of pipe cleaner in a semi-circle.
- Glue the crescent-shaped pipe cleaner onto the top of the tea light above the googly eyes.
- Glue a pom pom onto each side of the tea light to create the cozy earmuffs for the snow person.
- Draw on the snowman mouth. When we did this with our toddlers, I found that the kids marker didn’t write on the plastic candles very well. We ended up having an adult go over the mouth drawing with a permanent marker so it would show up. Hopefully you have better markers than we do!
- Let the ornament dry enough that it can be safely turned over.
- Glue a loop of string onto the back to create a hanging loop for the tree ornament.
That’s how to make these snowmen crafts with preschoolers! Pretty easy, and pretty darn cute.