Disclosure: This article may contain affiliate links, meaning we may earn a small commission if readers purchase products through these links. As an Amazon Associate, we earn commission from qualifying purchases.
These tiny toboggan popsicle stick sled ornaments are a fun holiday craft for both toddlers and grown-ups! They are beautiful left plain, but can also be decorated with paint or other fun stuff for some extra art class fun. Here’s the tutorial for this popsicle stick sled kids craft!
Supplies for Popsicle Stick Sled Kids Craft
Here are the supplies for this tiny toboggan kids craft:
- Popsicle sticks
- Non-toxic glue
- Paint brushes
As with most kids crafts, it’s nice to have a surface protector and a paint shirt. Full supervision is a must. Read and follow all the instructions on the materials you choose.
How to Make Tiny Toboggans from Popsicle Sticks
Here is how to make tiny toboggans from popsicle sticks:
- Prior to starting the craft, have a responsible adult cut some of the popsicle sticks in half. Each sled will need 3 half-sticks. Make a few extra!
- Count out about 5 popsicle sticks for the toboggan deck. Using 4 or 6 sticks will also work.
- Line up the 5 popsicle sticks right beside each other.
- Apply glue to one half popsicle stick. Affix it across the five deck sticks near one end.
- Apply glue to another half popsicle stick. Affix it across the other end of the five deck sticks.
- Let the glue dry a bit. The length of time you need to wait will depend on the glue you choose. Factor this into your craft session planning. We did the first bit in one session and the second bit in a different arts and crafts session.
- Turn the sled over. Affix one last half piece on the back of the sled, behind one of the front ones.
- Apply glue on the skinny thin end of two popsicle sticks. Affix each one to the back of the sled as rails (see photos below). Some glue will stick just like that. Other glue may not be as tacky and you may need to prop the rails up while they dry. It really depends on the glue you choose.
- This is also a great time to glue on a string to hang up the popsicle stick sled. We glued a string loop into the space between the two cross-pieces at the front of the sled.
- Once the sled is dry, it can be decorated! We just used some paint left over from a previous art project, but it would be super fun to decorate the sleds with pom poms or anything else that your littles like!
That’s how to make this popsicle stick sled kids craft. Happy holidays!
When do kids start preschool? This is a question that many parents ask as their child gets closer to the age of 3. The answer to this big decision, however, depends on a variety of factors. In...
When it comes time to choosing a preschool for your child, there are many questions that you will want to ask the teachers. After all, this is an important decision that will affect your child's...